Monday, June 23, 2008

Phase CItizen: The Server is Down (Series): Preface.

Ever heard or come across that phrase before? Well, being a patriotic netizen for almost a decade, which means I was once a regular at cyber cafes, that statement always made me cringe. I would arrive at the cafe with an online to do list and with hopes as high as a skyscraper and then the words would come out the mouth of the administrator. It never failed to sound like an oral obituary, causing my hopes to sag and meaning I would return home with the haunting feeling of UNFULFILLMENT.
Coincidentally or otherwise, I still get that feeling. This time it has little or nothing to do with my netizenship but my citizenship: my being a Nigerian. In recent times, as my awareness increased by knowledge I started keeping a mental checklist of tasks and expectations for my country and more often than not, UNFULFILLMENT revisits me. I've grown to be bothered and have stopped wondering why I haven't escaped to foreign shores.
My country's server is down. Administrators needed urgently!

Read on, and feel free to share your experiences as well. Look out for subsequent 'chapters'.

2 comments:

jolaade said...

chickle..u made me laugh..
felt like i was readn tha last page in a true love mag!
kunle johnson baby!!!
keep writn...n yea...gotta send in ma CV as regards gettn that post as admin for Nigeria!
well..can i handle y'all downloading stuff n remote desktopn into the server???!!!!

BrownSugar said...

In ur mind now eh! Miss Cisco Certified Network Analyst!
Woohoo! Me sound like SEGUN JOHNSON of True Love?!!! *blush!