Saturday, July 5, 2008

Blogville Idol ... the Journey so far

The Blogville contest is just around the corner and I don't even know what to expect anymore. Sent my "demo" yesterday, was pretty scared initially. Scared of being judged, literally. But i've had to keep reminding myself why I entered in the first place. "Cuz I want to do something I've never done before!" I'm happy, I'm scared, I'm freaked out, I'm calm, I'm nervous, I'm excited ... all in the affirmative anyways.

Like I said in Unbiased's blog, it sure feels like we are contestants in the Big Brother House. Blogville is watching!!! Or rather, listening. Was at Dammy's and I just threw my hands in the air when my almost paranoid self heard the Boyz II Men track playing from his playlist! Lol! And that's the part I like the most about reality shows. The bonding! Friends become foes, foes become close ... It's like some unwritten law. So here we are checking each other out, sending shout outs ... Ain't that cute?!

Alright, I dedicate this post to my fellow Blogville Idol contestants ... class of 2008. We made it! And to everybody that has shown some love checking and cheering, much appreciated!

7 comments:

Abbie said...

Great sportsmanship! I turned my song in on Thursday, I kept changing my mind on what to sing. Crazy isn't it. I too hate being judged, really, don't know anyone who likes being judged, lol.
But it's all for the fun of it.
Thanks for the shout out and see you on the battleground (or singing stage)

goodnaijagirl said...

Don't listen to a word Abbie says...she's been threatening to kill me in the competition since she joined!

I'm sure we'll all do great, brownsugar, and like Abs said, this entry shows great sportsmanship on your part! Sure, we may want to win or at least do well but at the same time we should just have fun with this and get to know each other better. It'll be fun! Good luck!

Dammy said...

Lets just catch fun and feel the music...

I am loving this!

Wishing you all the best in the competition...

BrownSugar said...

Thanx! Thanxx!! Thanxxx!!! Loving it too and 'm a lot relaxed now that it's finally started!

goodnaijagirl said...

You have a great voice, brownsugar! You'll go far, for sure!

BrownSugar said...

Awwww! thanx GNG! Fingers still crossed though.

Unbiased said...

Between you and abbie i really dont know o!!
Why now. You two should tag team and do duet. lol!!
Okay i hereby start to campaign for third position (Since first and second is taken).

I am really enjoying this big brother house. lol!!