Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Say NO to scrubs, and well of course, drugs.

If you do read this, I need your heartfelt reactions and opinions. Kindly do me the honours of sharing your thoughts with me in the comment box, be you male or female.

A guy asks you out on a date. You're not exactly friends with him in the real sense of the word, neither are you strangers. You've pretty much known each other for a while but it's been nothing deep, just on a passing acquaintance level. Insisting he would like to treat you during this proposed date, he chooses the venue, you give your consent regarding the time and date. He offers to pick you up and shows up promptly. Conversation is brilliant, wit, chemistry, humour all hit the mark plus he's good looking too.

You arrive at the venue, it's an upscale restaurant. The waiter serves you both copies of the menu and Mr. Date reminds you that it's part of his treat to pick your meal and to this you don't decline and the order is made for you both. True to his word, the food is impeccable, worth every bit of the hype.

The waiter shows up at the end with the menu. Mr. Date picks it up, reads the bill note and puts an amount of money in the book, and hands it to you. You take and open it to discover he has put exactly half the amount that's stated on the bill. Yea, that's your cue; you are to pay for your food ...
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

18 comments:

Jola said...

*stunned* I'll make it clear to him he has to foot the whole bill!
If he proves to be a total scrub, I'll pick my purse and walk out of the restaurant :-|

NoLimit said...

lol! he should have warned you that you're both going dutch! na yeye boy!
PS
Never ever ever go out on a date even with Bill Gate without holding "vex money"...thank God for cash points(ATMs)...or your cards!

Tout à fait Bizarre said...

Well, i'll pay for my food. Nut mark my words, the guy will go down in the records as a cheapskate.
Why didn't he tell me before?
Mschew!

rocnaija said...

Damn....

One man can make a woman hate all men..

leggy said...

wow.i cant believe he did that.thats just too wrong, atleast warn me first.what if i couldnt afford the restaurant that YOU chose?!

Amy said...

Tell me this didnt happen to anyone I know. He should have at least let her know...still, I'll pay my bills. Lesson: never go on a date with an empty wallet!x

seye said...

What the heck!

Skillz said...

Firstly, I'm going to assume this is hypothetical and that nobody did this in recent times.
Secondly, I dnt think any guy wud do this tho..its scum behaviour. The dude deserves flogging from a mad man. After using words like 'treat' and all...stupid!

Jola said...

LMAO @Skillz... Yes, beating from a raving mad man will do!

thetoolsman said...

Err..I'll join in with Skillz and just assume this didn't really happen. But then again, it only goes to show just how low some guys can go nowaday. Some ladies would have laughed it off to the convenience and bailed from there but like some people here have said, lesson is to always have that back-up stash with you even if the dude is an Adenuga...

Anoda Phase said...

omg! that's really horrible. As angry as the lady has a right to be, I just hope she has the money to pay her half.

If she does, I'd advise she pays up, look the guy square in the eyes with a cocky smile and say "thank you for the lovely meal, but I really must go now...I have a REAL man waiting for me @ XXX. Good night".

MissBalance said...

@ALL: Based On A True Story.

rethots said...

...hand him back 'the book', stand up and walk out.

Dare he call after you?

MissBalance said...

Loving the comments and the fact that I'm seeing Blogville peeps on here after so long.
Keep 'em coming!

Douglas said...

LMAO...
if the dude really did that, gotta doff my hat off for him!
but really, to look at the flipside of this.... its either he's tryna spite you or test your patience. either ways, the man has got guts - give him that much credit!

lawwyy said...

lmao, he is a correct guy

Anonymous said...

Na God go punish am
Dear friend, we will surely treat his eff up
We hav to plan *winks*

deddyboy said...

LOL, one chance. hahahahaaha