Saturday, October 29, 2016

At Home

When he calls her on FaceTime
She throws on a blanket
"Please tell me you’re wearing clothes,"
Well, I’m under the covers
"How do you do this?"

What?! I’m at home.

..........................................................................

When we were kids, my dad was usually in his underwear
He hung out in white Fruit of the Loom briefs around the house, just doing his thing
We were never embarrassed, we thought it was hilarious and got used to being around him undressed like that
Those were probably when he told the most jokes and had yabs for days.

When I lived alone for the first time
I would come home from work or grad school 
And just the way corporate men rushed to take their ties off after a long day at work,
Freeing my legs from clothes jail was top priority once I was behind closed doors
I'd set the workbag down and trousers off!

Soon enough I graduated from emancipating my legs to campaigning for my whole body
Just hanging out, living life, strutting around my space with doors locked of course
And no guests around
Knowing freedom like this easily makes everyday (my) Independence Day :)

Yes! You tell 'em Cinque!

No comments: