Sunday, January 29, 2017

Meeting: Grady Booch

I met an intelligent man at a conference for women. He had shared a lunch table and a conversation with me, and when he introduced himself, I heard his name but I didn't know who he was beyond that moment. Made good small talk, exchanged contacts and kept in touch one time after the conference ended. And about a year later (and this past weekend), I would find out that the man was a legend: BOOCH himself. The Grady Booch!

Wikipedia describes him as "an American software engineer, best known for developing the Unified Modeling Language (UML) with Ivar Jacobson and James Rumbaugh. He is recognized internationally for his innovative work in software architecture, software engineering, and collaborative development environments."

How about that for a delayed star-"struckedness."

No comments: