Monday, February 13, 2017

Saudade

This was the weirdest and my favorite page
While traveling last week in Portland, OR, I went to Powell's City of Books. It's a local bookstore with a huge supply (four floors?) of books both new and used. Very impressive spot. As some books were already in transit from Amazon to my apartment, finding out that Portland (and the state of Oregon) had no sales tax gingered my whim and I ended up buying three books from the store. Two oldies: The Light and The Dark by C.P. Snow, Kiss As Many Women As You Can by Franki Elliot & Shawn Stucky, and the new one was Zadie Smith's novel White Teeth. As I flew back home, I read Elliot's Kiss As Many Women As You Can and the book was a total delight. The simplicity of the writing style and the genuineness of the content did it for me.

No comments: